Dear Families of Honey Island Students,
Welcome to our new school year, 2023-2024, where we are “Growing Leaders on the Farm!” I am Gina Troyer, your principal! I have been serving the students and community now for 15 years and loving every minute of it! My Assistant Principal and partner is Rachel Moreno, who has also served our Honey Island students for many years first as a teacher and now as an administrator! We make a great team! We are looking forward to a great partnership with you to ensure our students can reach their highest potential. We recognize that our students need support both from home and school to soar, and this partnership will make a great difference in our students’ education!
Some areas where you can help as a family include the following:
- Ensure that your child gets enough rest, healthy eating, and play time.
- Help your child to be responsible for materials and homework assignments.
- Have your child read daily to develop a love for reading!
- Encourage your child to communicate what they are learning every day!
- Promote our school-wide expectations: Be There, Choose Your Attitude, Make Someone’s Day, and Have Fun!
We are looking forward to this new school year, getting to know our students and families as well! I’d love feedback from you about what is important to you for your child while they are a Honey Island Honeybee! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Honey Island Principal
At Honey Island, our VISION is for ALL students to become confident readers, writers, thinkers, problem-selvers, communicators, and responsible citizens.
Every day, our MISSION at Honey Island is to provide a safe, nurturing environment and engaging learning experiences for ALL students.
Maroon & Yellow
Schools to Which our Students Progress
- Little Oak Middle School (4th - 6th grade)
- Boyet Junior High (7th - 8th grade)
- Northshore High School (9th - 12th grade)